My version of Mexican Street Corn or Elote is fairly traditional. Charred corn is rubbed in rich, tangy crema and topped with Queso Fresco, chili powder and lime juice. Insert a wooden skewer through the center of the cob, or peel back the husk and leave it intact to use as a handle for the real street-food experience.
- 4 ears sweet corn
- Vegetable oil
- ¼ C Mexican crema or sour cream
- ½ C Queso Fresco or Cotija cheese, crumbled
- Chili powder, to taste
- Lime wedges, for serving
- Kosher salt and fresh cracked pepper
- Preheat a grill pan or outdoor grill over medium-high to high heat. Drizzle corn lightly with oil and season with salt and pepper. Grill for 10-12 minutes, turning every 2-3 minutes, or until charred in spots and cooked through.
- Remove from grill, smear with crema and coat with cheese. Season with chili powder and serve with lime wedges. Enjoy.