These chicken thighs are crispy, juicy and flavorful. Pan-seared, perfumed with rosemary and roasted lemons, and served with a luscious pan sauce.
Lemon Rosemary Chicken Thighs
Write a review
Amount Per Serving
Calories from Fat 212
% Daily Value *
Total Fat 24g
Saturated Fat 7g
Trans Fat 0g
Polyunsaturated Fat 4g
Monounsaturated Fat 10g
Total Carbohydrates 5g
Dietary Fiber 1g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
- 1 1/2lbs bone-in, skin-on chicken thighs
- 2 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 lemon, sliced ¼ inch thick, seeds removed
- 3-4 sprigs of rosemary
- ½ medium shallot, minced
- 2 tsp flour
- 1C low sodium chicken broth, warmed
- 1T lemon juice, or to taste
- 1T chilled butter
- Kosher salt and fresh cracked pepper
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Pat chicken dry and season generously with salt and pepper. Warm oil in a large sauté pan over medium heat. Add chicken to pan skin-side down. Add lemon slices and scatter over rosemary.
- Cook chicken 6-8 minutes or until skin becomes golden brown. Remove excess oil in pan so only 1 tablespoon remains. Transfer pan to center rack of oven.
- Cook an additional 4-5 minutes or until skin is well-browned. Flip chicken and continue to cook 4-8 minutes or until a thermometer inserted into the center registers 165°F. Remove chicken and lemon slices from pan. Discard rosemary.
- While chicken rests, prepare pan sauce. Discard all but 2 teaspoons of oil from pan. Warm over medium heat. Add shallot, season with salt and pepper, and sauté 3-5 minutes or until translucent. Add flour and stir for 1 minute.
- Slowly add broth, whisking constantly until combined. Turn heat to medium-high and allow sauce to reduce for 3-5 minutes, or until desired thickness. Add lemon juice to taste. Add butter and swirl pan until incorporated. Taste again for seasoning. Serve chicken with sauce and lemon slices, and enjoy.
Brina's Bites http://brinasbites.com/