This salad is inspired by Greek flavors. Shaved cucumber slices and quick-pickled red onions are coated with a tangy, feta-yogurt dressing, and topped with fresh dill and crumbled feta.
Shaved Cucumber Salad with Feta Yogurt Dressing
Write a review
Amount Per Serving
Calories from Fat 147
% Daily Value *
Total Fat 17g
Saturated Fat 4g
Trans Fat 0g
Polyunsaturated Fat 8g
Monounsaturated Fat 4g
Total Carbohydrates 8g
Dietary Fiber 1g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
- 1 medium red onion, thinly sliced
- 2T red wine vinegar
- 1 tsp salt
- 1tsp sugar
- 1 medium, English cucumber, ends removed
- ½ C mayonnaise
- ¼ C plus 2T crumbled Feta, plus more for serving
- ¼ C whole milk yogurt
- 1T extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- ½ C loosely packed dill, roughly chopped
- Kosher salt and fresh cracked pepper
- In a medium bowl, toss onion with vinegar, salt and sugar, and allow to pickle for 20 minutes to 1 hour. Drain before adding to salad. Using a mandolin, thinly slice long strips of cucumber and pat dry. Set aside.
- For dressing, combine mayonnaise, feta, yogurt, oil and lemon juice in a blender and blend until smooth. Season with pepper and salt, if needed.
- Arrange cucumber slices and red onion on a serving dish. Drizzle over dressing, garnish with dill and top with crumbled feta. Enjoy.
- I think Greek yogurt would also work well here and add additional thickness and creaminess. If the dressing becomes too thick, add additional lemon juice.
Brina's Bites http://brinasbites.com/