It’s no wonder why Caesar dressing has become so popular in the United States. The combination of savory anchovies, bright lemon juice and Parmigiano Reggiano cheese make a richly, flavorful dressing.
- 1 large garlic clove
- 1-3 anchovy fillets
- 2 large egg yolks
- 3T lemon juice, plus more as needed
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- ½ C extra virgin olive oil
- ¼ cup Parmigiano reggiano, finely grated
- 2 dashes Worcestershire sauce
- Kosher salt and fresh cracked pepper
- Finely chop the garlic, drizzle with a few drops of oil and sprinkle with salt. Using the back of your knife, smash garlic into a paste.
- Add garlic paste, anchovies, egg yolks, lemon juice and mustard to a blender, season with salt and pepper, and pulse to combine. While blending, slowly drizzle in oil, adding only a few drops at a time to start.
- Add cheese, Worcestershire and additional lemon juice, if needed, and pulse to combine. Taste for seasoning. Enjoy.
Try this out in my grilled Caesar salad!