These peanut butter cookies are filled with chunks of dark chocolate and chopped peanuts, and sprinkled with sea salt. Trust me, you won’t be able to eat just one.
Salted Chocolate Chunk Peanut Butter Cookies
Write a review
Amount Per Serving
Calories from Fat 62
% Daily Value *
Total Fat 7g
Saturated Fat 3g
Trans Fat 0g
Polyunsaturated Fat 1g
Monounsaturated Fat 3g
Total Carbohydrates 11g
Dietary Fiber 1g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
- 2C flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- 2 sticks unsalted butter, softened
- 2/3 C light brown sugar, packed
- 2/3 C granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1C creamy peanut butter
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ¾ C salted, roasted peanuts, coarsely chopped
- 6oz bittersweet chocolate, chopped into ¼ to ½ inch pieces (or ¾ C chocolate chips)
- Fleur de sel (French sea salt), for sprinkling
- Combine flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt in a bowl. Combine butter and sugars in a mixing bowl and beat on medium speed until creamy.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating on medium speed until combined. Beat in peanut butter and vanilla extract, scraping sides of bowl.
- Add dry ingredients in 2-3 additions, mixing over low speed until just combined. Stir in peanuts and chocolate. Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes or until dough has firmed.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silpat. Shape tablespoon-sized portions of dough into balls and place on baking sheet. Flatten slightly with fingers. Return remaining dough to fridge for 5-10 minutes.
- For chewy cookies, bake 10-13 minutes or until golden and browned around the edges. For crunchier cookies, bake 2-3 minutes longer, or until lightly browned. Sprinkle with fleur de sel while hot, allow to cool for a few minutes and transfer to a wire rack to cool completely. Repeat in batches with remaining dough. Enjoy.
- Total time does not reflect time needed to chill dough.
Brina's Bites https://brinasbites.com/