This Mediterranean inspired couscous dish includes chewy, dried apricots, toasted pistachios, mint and a bright, lemon-Dijon vinaigrette. This can be served both warm and at room temperature.
Apricot Pistachio Couscous
Write a review
Amount Per Serving
Calories from Fat 23
% Daily Value *
Total Fat 3g
Saturated Fat 0g
Trans Fat 0g
Polyunsaturated Fat 0g
Monounsaturated Fat 2g
Total Carbohydrates 41g
Dietary Fiber 2g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
- 1C Israeli or pearl couscous
- 3C chicken broth, vegetable broth or water
- ¼ C dried apricots, roughly chopped
- 2T extra virgin olive oil
- 1T lemon juice
- ½ tsp Dijon mustard
- ¼C roasted, salted pistachios, coarsely chopped
- ¼C mint and/or parsley, finely chopped, plus more for garnish
- Kosher salt and cracked black pepper
- In a medium pot, bring broth or salted water to a boil. Add couscous and apricots, and lower heat to medium. Cook 5-7 minutes or until al dente. Drain, transfer to bowl and fluff with fork.
- Whisk together oil, lemon juice and mustard in a small bowl, and stir into couscous. Taste and adjust seasoning, if needed. Stir in pistachios. Stir in mint right before serving. Serve warm or at room temperature. Enjoy.
Brina's Bites https://brinasbites.com/