Thinly shaved asparagus and peppery arugula pair wonderfully with this Caesar inspired dressing. Top with Parmigiano for a nice, salty bite.
Shaved Asparagus Salad with Lemon Anchovy Vinaigrette
Write a review
Amount Per Serving
Calories from Fat 132
% Daily Value *
Total Fat 15g
Saturated Fat 9g
Trans Fat 0g
Polyunsaturated Fat 0g
Monounsaturated Fat 4g
Total Carbohydrates 8g
Dietary Fiber 3g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
- 1lb asparagus, trimmed
- 4C arugula, loosely packed
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 anchovy fillet
- 2T lemon juice
- ¼C extra virgin olive oil
- Parmigiano Reggiano, for serving
- Kosher salt and fresh cracked pepper
- Using a vegetable peeler, create thin strands of asparagus. Slice tips in half. Place in ice water bath until ready to use.
- Prepare the lemon anchovy vinaigrette. Using a food processor or mortar and pestle, grind garlic and anchovy with a pinch of salt until a paste forms. Blend in lemon juice. Slowly stream in olive oil until emulsified. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Remove asparagus from water and pat dry. Place asparagus and arugula on plate and drizzle with dressing. Top with shaved parmesan. Enjoy.
Brina's Bites https://brinasbites.com/